Quality carpet care is one of the most important aspects of home maintenance. Without carpet care, the increase in traffic pattern wear and soil will become more apparent over time. Your carpets will become unsightly as high traffic areas become embedded with dirt. Of course, it’s best to stay on top of your carpet care so the dirt never gets out of control.
We’ve prepared a checklist of things you can do to help keep your carpet lasting as long as possible. So start with these carpet cleaning tips. Eventually, you will need a professional carpet cleaning services to maintain your carpet to its fullest potential. Recommended cleaning frequency is usually between every 6 months- to 1 year.
1. Take off shoes when you are in the house2. Vacuum carpet on a regular schedule. (Don’t let dirt pile up and get embedded in fibers)
3. Clean spots immediately when you first see them. (The longer a spot sits the more likely it could become a permanent stain.)
4. Use a non toxic spot remover on spots. (Do not use bleach)
5. Put mats outside of the doorways to keep as much dirt outside as possible.
6. Schedule regular cleanings every 6 months – 1 year.