Steam cleaning vs. Dry Carpet Cleaning?
This topic is always up for debate in the carpet cleaning industry. Which is better steam cleaning or dry cleaning? Carpet cleaning companies that promote truck mount hot water extraction, or steam cleaning, claim that dry or low-moisture methods won’t go deep enough. Therefore, they believe the wet method reaches deeper into the carpet to pull out more dirt and debris. Then there are companies who use the dry cleaning systems. These systems use a low moisture method. Likewise, these companies will point out the fact that hot water extraction typically over wet the carpet. Perhaps, even penetrate the padding, and leave a residue.
However, the fact is that the steam cleaning method is the most effective method in the industry. Furthermore, there is a reason that the vast majority of carpet manufacturers such as Shaw Industries recommend this method. Likewise, most manufacturers recommend having your carpet steam cleaned by a professional every 6-12 months. How frequently you have carpets cleaned depends entirely on how much traffic you get. The benefits of having an extraction system are many. That is because by using the hot water extraction system, you will ensure that dirt and debris are removed from your carpet. Therefore, the cleaning residue is removed as well.
Facts about Steam Cleaning Method
- There no doubt the most powerful equipment on the market are truck-mounted systems. This is most effective method for removing allergens, pollutants, smoke residue, bacteria, dust, dirt, pet dander, and debris that can be in your carpet.
- The next best thing is portable extraction systems which are use a lot in high rise buildings where access is limited fr a truck mounts. While these are not quite as powerful as the truck-mounted units, they are VERY effective.
- There are no facts to back up the assumption by the dry cleaning industry that hot water extraction method will leave mold or mildew in your carpet. The reason carpets would be left overly saturated is because of the lack of experience from the technician himself. This is what you would get when you hire the cheapest company to do business with. It pays for them to get in and out as quickly as possible. At Ruggeek we have competitive prices with unmatched skill and work ethic. Our only goal is to make our customers 100% satisfied.
Dry Cleaning Method Facts
This method, chemicals like powder and solutions are been used in place of water. Special solvents are spread over the dirty carpet and a machine with counter rotating brushes is used to work in the dry powder. The absorbent powder absorbs the soil and then is set for vacuum process.
- Not good for deep cleaning to reach down to the bottom where dirt and debris fall
- The chemical powders use can have bad odors and is difficult to remove because, its not being extracted out.
- Chemicals are left attached to fiber which can cause carpet to get dirtier faster
- Not an eco-friendly cleaning method.
It’s always best to work with a reputable company with experience in working with different materials of carpets and upholstery. Going with the cheapest company can sometimes backfire for a host of different reasons. The last thing you want is an inexperienced and knowledgeable technician cleaning your carpet. Spend the time and do your homework.